Our History

St. Aidan School opened in 1950, staffed by the Sisters of Charity of Halifax. As the founders of our school, the Sisters began their teaching ministry even before they had a convent in which to live. They actually lived in the school building until the convent was ready for them. They continued their mission teaching our children with joyful hearts for the next 58 years.

As our enrollment continued to grow in the 1950’s, the Franciscan Brothers joined the teaching staff in the Boys’ School (now the Upper School) in 1956 and taught tirelessly for the next 22 years. The Sisters and Brothers, along with a dedicated lay faculty, taught 1600 children during that time, the highest enrollment of all Catholic Schools on Long Island. We owe these religious women and men a great deal of gratitude for their many contributions to our parish school.

St. Aidan School is accredited by AdvancED, a research-based recognition for high quality schools and programs. We are staffed by a lay faculty who spread the Word of God daily through the ministry of Catholic Education. Our commitment to and personal interest in the lives of our children continue the legacy of our founders, the Sisters of Charity of Halifax.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 West Corporation. All rights reserved.